If you are looking for the payments date for UIF, then you are welcome to our platform where we give you nothing but the best of information.
In todays topic, we will be talking about UIF Payment Dates and more. Kindly enjoy this amazing piece.
About UIF Payment Dates
Following conversations with social partners at Nedlac, the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) has prolonged the processing of new Temporary Employee / Employer Relief Scheme (TERS) benefit claims from April to September.
The TERS applies to employers who are in financial difficulty and are unable to pay their employees owing to the lockout. The reimbursements are part of a government-wide effort to alleviate the effects of the epidemic and ensure that, to the greatest extent feasible, workers are not harmed by the lockdown.
Exemptions from UIF
Unless they are exempted or prohibited by the applicable legislation, all employees must make UIF contributions. Independent contractors who are considered employees are not required to pay UIF contributions. Employees are free from UIF contributions in the following circumstances:
- Works less than 24 hours every month.
- Learner in terms of the SDL Act.
- Foreigner, leaving South Africa at the end of service.
- Earns commission only.
- Income from pension, superannuation or retiring allowance only.
Employee of the government (these include the president, any Member of Parliament, or people in any sphere of government service)
Employers must be aware that they cannot withhold more than 1% of their employees’ salary; any excess funds must be paid to the employees. Workers should also be aware that they will be committing fraud if they continue to get benefits while working.
UIF Payment Dates
The UIF announced the new dates in a statement on 15 September:
- The online portal is now open for payment iteration 9 (16 Mar 2021 to 27 June 2021) for SECTOR based applications.
- The online portal is now open for payment iteration 10(28 June 2021 to 25 July 2021) for SECTOR based applications..
- The online portal is now open for payment iteration 11(16 Mar 2021 to 25 July 2021)only for NON SECTOR based applications:
- Age of 60
- Isolation and Quarantine
Thank you for reading our todays post on UIF Payment Dates, we hope you enjoyed our todays post on UIF Payment Dates and trust it has been helpful to you. We wish to see you back soon for more informative topics around whatever you seek for in south africa. KIndly share this post with friends, family and anyone who might be interested in this topic.