In this post, I am going to take you through how to apply for SASSA loan via cellphone and other necessary information worth knowing about SASSA loans.
Without wasting much time, let’s begin!
About SASSA Loan
SASSA is a South African government body that was established to oversee the application, approval, and payment of loans, social, and child grants to qualified residents in South Africa.
Furthermore, SASSA Loans and Grants exist to alleviate and prevent poverty, as well as to assist poor South Africans, all within the framework of the Constitution.
Who Qualifies For SASSA Laon?
To qualify for SASSA loan, you must be:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- The applicant and child must be residents of South Africa.
- The child must be under the age of 18 years.
- Not receiving any income;
- Not receiving any social grant;
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support; and
- Not resident in a government-funded or subsidised institution.
Requirements For SASSA Application Via Cellphone
Below are some of the information or items you are required to provide for SASSA application via your cellphone.
- Identity Number;
- Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
- Gender and Disability;
- Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
- Contact details – Cell phone number;
- Proof of Residential Address;
Steps To Apply For SASSA Loan Using Cellphone
Follow any of the steps below if you want to apply for a SASSA loan via your cellphone.
- No paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Payment will be effected through a channel of your choice.
- Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case, payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
- Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
- Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
- APPLICATIONS ARE FREE: There is no charge to apply – applicants are cautioned not to buy “application forms” – these are not genuine and will not be processed.
- Applicants are cautioned not to provide their banking details to anyone.
- SASSA will only request banking information once the application has been approved.
- All beneficiaries and applicants should never give their PIN number or the CVV number on the back of the banking card to anyone – not even SASSA.