Accidents happen, and when they do, it’s best to get your windscreen replaced as quickly as possible to avoid further complications. Fortunately, there are windscreen replacement specialists in South Africa who can help you. In this article, we provide a price list for windscreen replacement and answer some commonly asked questions about the process.
How much does a windscreen replacement cost in South Africa?
The cost of replacing your car’s windscreen can vary depending on several factors such as the make and model of your car and the type of windscreen required. To give you an idea of the cost, we contacted various windscreen replacement specialists in South Africa and compiled the following price list:
- Standard windscreen replacement: R1000 – R3000
- High-end or luxury vehicle windscreen replacement: R3000 – R8000
- Rear windscreen replacement: R2000 – R4000
- Side window replacement: R500 – R2000
It’s important to note that these are just estimates, and the actual cost of replacement can vary depending on your specific circumstances. Always get a quote from a reputable windscreen replacement service center in your area to get an accurate estimate of the cost.
Things to note before replacing your windscreen
It’s important to keep the following points in mind before replacing your windscreen:
- Always consult an expert mechanic before starting the process.
- Check your insurance coverage to see if windscreen replacement is covered.
- Choose a reputable service center to ensure quality workmanship.
- Understand the replacement process and prioritize quality over price.
- Avoid driving the car until the adhesive has cured.
What’s the average windscreen replacement price in South Africa?
The average windscreen replacement price in South Africa can vary depending on several factors such as the make and model of your car, the type of windscreen required, and the location of the service center. To get an accurate estimate, it’s always best to contact a reputable windscreen replacement specialist.
Commonly asked questions about windscreen replacement Here are some commonly asked questions about windscreen replacement:
- Will I lose my warranty after changing my windscreen? The answer depends on the specific terms and conditions of your warranty. Generally, windscreen replacement is not covered under a standard manufacturer’s warranty, but some extended warranties or additional coverage options may include windscreen replacement as part of their coverage.
- How long does it take to replace a windscreen? The length of time it takes to replace a windscreen can vary depending on several factors such as the make and model of your car, the type of windscreen required, and the availability of replacement parts. In general, windscreen replacement can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, although it may take longer in some cases.
- Is windscreen crack repairable? In many cases, a windscreen crack can be repaired, depending on the size, location, and severity of the damage. However, it’s best to have it inspected by a professional as soon as possible, as even small cracks can compromise the structural integrity of the windscreen and worsen over time.
In conclusion, windscreen replacement costs in South Africa can vary depending on several factors. It’s always best to consult with an expert and choose a reputable service center to ensure quality workmanship. Additionally, it’s important to understand the replacement process and prioritize quality over price.