Are you looking for White cement to buy but wondering how much it will cost you? Then this is the right place to be. In this post, I am going to bring you accurate white cement prices in South Africa.
Let’s first by looking at what White Cement is and what it is used for before we turn our attention to the reason why you clicked on this post.
What is White Cement?
White Portland cement or white ordinary Portland cement is similar to ordinary, grey Portland cement in all aspects except for its high degree of whiteness. Obtaining this colour requires substantial modification to the method of manufacture, and because of this, it is somewhat more expensive than the grey product.
Following raw materials are used to make white cement:
- Lime Stone -High Carbonate & Low Iron.
- Clay – High Alumina and Low Iron
- Oil / Pet Coke / Rubber
- Gypsum / Salenile
Properties of White Cement
The table below depicts the properties of white cement.
|Setting Time||100 min|
|1 day||21 MPa|
|2 day||38 MPa|
|7 day||61 MPa|
|28 day||74 MPa|
|Compact Density||3150 kg/m3|
|Bulk Density||1100 kg/m3|
Uses of White Cement
- Used for prestige construction projects and decorative works.
- Used for coloured concrete with the use of inorganic pigments to produce brightly coloured concretes and mortars.
- Due to its whiteness, it finds its application in architectural beauty, interior and exterior decorations, floorings, and ornamental concrete products such as idols while grey cement is mostly used for construction purposes.
- Used in roads due the property of high reflectiveness to add visibility to highway medians.
- White cement is also used in a high amount for manufacturing precast members. Beautiful precast members are made utilising the white Portland cement.
- They are also used widely for making cast stones of appealing appearance.
- White cement is comparatively a costly cement type and is, therefore, used only selectively.
White Cement Prices In South Africa
Below are the prices of white portland cement on some renowned online stores in South Africa.
White Cement 52.5N 50KG – R449.00
Cement White 1kg Powafix – From R22.99
Cement White 5kg Powafix – From R94.99
Watch the video below: