In this post, we bring you complete information about John Kani’s net worth. We’ll consider his source of income, salary, assets, businesses owned, career and many more.
Who is John Kani?
Born on 30th August, 1943, Bonisile John Kani is a South African actor, author, director and playwright. He is known for his role in popular movies such as Captain America: Civil War (2016), Black Panther (2018), Rafiki (2019) and Murder Mystery (2019).
Kani’s career originally took off
John Kane Net Worth in 2020
John Kani’s net worth is US$6 million as of 2020.
His major sources of income are acting, authoring, directing, play-writing and other undisclosed sources. Thus, roles in acting, directing movies and co-authoring movies has earned him a descent amount of income over the years.
Positions Held & Establishments
He holds top positions in the movie industry and that has contributed to his net worth. See the positions Kani holds in the Film and Television industry.
- executive trustee of the John Kani Theatre Foundation
- founder and director of the John Kani Theatre Laboratory
- chairman of the National Arts Council of SA
For his outstanding performance over the years, John Kani has chalked a lot of successes for himself. Below is the list of his major achievements.
- SAFTA Life Time award (2010)
- Avanti Hall of Fame Award from the South African film, television, and advertising industries,
- Clio award in New York
- Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation Award (2010)
- Olive Schreiner Prize (2005)
- voted 51st in the Top 100 Great South Africans (2004)
- honorary doctorate by the University of Cape Town (2006)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University appointed him an honorary Doctor of Philosophy (2013)
- national honour of the Order of Ikhamanga in Silver, for his “Excellent contributions to theatre and, through this, the struggle for a non-racial, non-sexist and democratic South Africa (2016)
- The Market Theatre Complex in Newtown Johannesburg was renamed to John Kani Theatre to honour him
- honorary doctorate by the University of the Witwatersrand (2020)
- special Obie Award for his extraordinary contribution to theatre in the United States.
Family and Lifestyle
Johh Kani is married to Mandi Kani. The couple have a child together named Atandwa Kani.