Bonang Matheba Net Worth. June 2022
In this post, we bring you complete information about Bonang Matheba’s net worth. We’ll consider her source of income, salary, assets, businesses owned, career and many more.
Who is Bonang Matheba?
Bonang is a South African media personality, actor, radio presenter, Television host/presenter, businesswoman, producer, author, model and philanthropist.
Bonang Matheba was born on 25th June, 1987 in Mahikeng, North West to Charlotte Mokoena, the Executive Vice-President for Human Resource and Corporate Affairs of Sasol, and Gampi Matheba, a senior lecturer at North-West University.
She went to Fourways High School and later proceeded to the University of Johannesburg where she earned a degree.
She is one of the most popular and influential media personalities in South Africa.
She gained prominence as a presenter for SABC 1 music show Live Amp. She is also greatly recognized for her signature voice and unique presenting skills.
Bonang Matheba Net Worth in 2020
She is estimated to be worth US$7.2 million as of 2020. Her major sources of income are investments in the fashion industry, hosting shows, acting, presenting, authoring, modelling and other undisclosed sources.
Bonang Matheba’s Businesses and Assets
Aside being actively involved in the media space, she also has great interest in business and entrepreneurship.
In 2008, she launched her first clothing line named “Just B”. This was made possible by a collaboration between her and retailer Legit.
Same year, she also started a handbag collection called “Baby Star” through a partnership with a London-based fashion designer.
In 2014, she introduced a lingerie line called “Distraction by Bonang” through the collaboration with Woolworths, a South African multinational retail brand.
In 2018, Matheba alongside Superbalist, dropped a collection of T-shirts named “BONANG by Bonang Matheba”.
On March 18, 2019, Matheba exclusively partnered with Woolworths in launching a range of luxury Méthode Cap Classique (MCC) called, “The House of BNG”
She partnered cellular network Cell C to lauch her own mobile app and emoji pack called “BMoji” in 2018.
- Revlon Ambassador in 2013
- Ambassador for Ciroc, Vodka in 2016
- New African Brand Ambassador for Ipanema Sandals in Brazil
- Ambassador for Peugeot
- Ambassador for Cell C
- Samsung South Africa’s Ambassador for their S20 range and Z Flip phones, 2020.
- BIC Razors ambassador
- Diva Divine Hair
- And many more
Film and Television Career
Bonang made her first television appearance at an early age. At 15, she made it to the SABC kids show called Manhattan Fantasy Challenge.
From there she had the opportunity to audition for the inaugural season of the SABC 1 music show after completing the university. Fast forward, she emerged the winner of the show and given the opportunity to co-host.
She has hosted numerous television and awards shows in and outside South Africa. Popular shows which has featured Bonang include MTV Africa Music Awards 2016, Miss South Africa 2018, MTV Europe Music Awards 2014, BET Awards 2016, amongst others.
She has also starred in a couple of shows which rose her into prominence. To read more about her career click HERE.
Family & Personal Life
Matheba dated record producer Euphonik in 2012. She also dated South African rapper AKA from 2015 to 2017.
Over the years, Bonang has chalked a lot of successes for herself. Below is the list of her major achievements.
- First black South African to be featured on numerous magazines.
- First South African celebrity to launch an online reality show called B*Dazzled
- First international ambassador for Revlon, a cosmetic brand – 2013
- First South African to host MTV Europe Music Awards pre-show – 2014
- She graced the cover of Forbes Woman Africa, alongside three other women who were all given a headline for being the Faces of Entrepreneurship.
- She released her book From A to B and premiered her own reality show Being Bonang, both in 2017.
- She was featured on the power issue of GQ SA, for the September edition – 2018.
- First black woman to be added to the Méthode Cap Classique Association