SA Insider
South Africa's Information Portal

How To Get My UIF Reference Number. Full Details

0

How to get my UIF reference number? Is that the question you want to know the answer to? Then this is the right place to be. In this post, I am going to take you through the simple steps of how you can get your UIF reference number without any stress or hustle. 

Keep reading if you want to find out the answers to your question. Let’s first start by explaining what UIF is and how it works. Without wasting much time, let’s get into the details. 

What Is UIF? 

The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) gives short-term relief to workers when they become unemployed or are unable to work because of maternity, adoption and parental leave, or illness.

READ ALSO:  How Long Does African Bank Take To Payout A Loan

Who Qualifies For UIF In South Africa?

You can claim for unemployment compensation through the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) if your employer cancels your employment.

You are only eligible for the benefits if you contributed to the UIF while working. If you’ve quit, been suspended, or gone missing from work, you won’t be able to file a claim. If the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation, and Arbitration (CCMA) finds your resignation to be a constructive dismissal, you may be able to file a claim.

To receive benefits, you must first register as a job seeker. You must apply for UIF benefits as soon as you become jobless or within six months of your employment being terminated.

READ ALSO:  Nedbank Funeral Cover (Complete Details)

How Much Is UIF In South Africa? 

The amount of UIF payments you will receive is determined on your previous monthly salary.

As a result, you may wish to learn how to calculate UIF benefits so that you can determine how much you will gain from the fund.

Employers should deduct 1% of their employees’ monthly income, excluding commissions, as contributions from their employees. Employers contribute an additional 1% to the fund on top of the 1% that the employer is required to give, bringing the total contribution to the fund to 2%.

READ ALSO:  How To Become A Diesel Distributor In South Africa. Full Details

For example, if a labourer makes R2,000 per month, the employee must subtract 1% of the salary or R20, and the employer must also give the worker an additional R20. As a result, a total of R40 has been paid to the UIF South Africa.

If a worker earns more than the limited annual, monthly, or weekly wages, they must contribute to the fund as well.

How To Get My UIF Reference Number

  1. Visit www.uifecc.labour.gov.za
  2. Enter Captcha and your paye number in the spaces provided.
  3. Click on “Get UIF Reference”
  4. You will receive an email confirming your UIF reference number. 

Thank you for reading this post, hope to see you soon on our blog. 

Leave a comment
x