Welcome to our blog, in this post, we will take you through concrete ready mix prices in South Africa. Kindly stay with us.
About Ready-Mixed Concrete?
Ready-mixed refers to concrete that is batched for delivery from a central plant instead of being mixed on the job site.
It’s made out of Portland or other types of cement, water, and aggregates such as sand, gravel, or crushed stone. All aggregates should be cleansed and include just a little quantity of particles, dirt, or clay.
To account for the time it takes for the transit mixer to arrive on site, an admixture is frequently added to improve concrete workability and/or increase the setting time (using retarders).
The barrel truck, also known as in–transit mixers, is one of two varieties. This type of truck transports plastic concrete to the job site.
The volumetric concrete mixer is the second. This method delivers a dry ready mix and then mixes the concrete on site.
Other sources, on the other hand, divide the material into three categories: Concrete Transit Mix, Central Mix, or Shrink Mix.
Advantages Of Using Ready-Mixed Concrete
- Materials are combined in a batch plant, and the hydration process begins at the moment water meets the cement, so the travel time from the plant to the site, and the time before the concrete is placed on-site, is critical over longer distances. Some sites are just too distant. The use of admixtures, retarders, and cement-like pulverized fly ash or ground granulated blast-furnace slag (GGBFS) can be used to slow the hydration process, allowing for longer transit and waiting time.
- Concrete is formable and pourable, but a steady supply is needed for large forms. If there is a supply interruption, and the concrete cannot be poured all at once, a cold joint may appear in the finished form.
- The biggest advantage is that concrete is produced under controlled conditions. Therefore, Quality concrete is obtained, as a ready-mix concrete mix plant makes use of sophisticated equipment and consistent methods. There is strict control over the testing of materials, process parameters, and continuous monitoring of key practices during the manufacturing process. Poor control of the input materials, batching and mixing methods in the case of site mix concrete is solved in a ready-mix concrete production method.
- Speed in the construction practices followed in ready mix concrete plant is followed continuously by having mechanized operations. The output obtained from a site mix concrete plant using an 8/12 mixer is 4 to 5 metric cubes per hour which are 30-60 metric cubes per hour in a ready mix concrete plant.
- Better handling and proper mixing practice will help reduce the consumption of cement by 10 – 12%. The use of admixtures and other cementitious materials will help to reduce the amount of cement as is required to make the desired grade of concrete.
- Less consumption of cement indirectly results in less environmental pollution.
Concrete Ready Mix Prices In South Africa
Below are the various prices of ready-mixed concrete in South Africa.
Ground floor Concrete Estimate(25MPA) (assuming floor is 80mm thick)
|Ground floor m2||m3 required||25MPa Ready mix Incl Vat||Optional Pump cost Incl Vat|
|50 m2||5 m3||R 6500||R 4500|
|100 m2||9 m3||R 12000||R 4500|
|200 m2||17 m3||R 22500||R 4500|
|300 m2||25 m3||R 33000||R 4500|
Rib and Block Slab Concrete Estimate (25MPa) (based on Royal Concrete Slabs 255mm design)
|Slab m2||m3 required||25MPa Ready mix Incl Vat||Optional Pump cost Incl Vat|
|50 m2||8.5 m3||R 11500||R 4500|
|100 m2||16 m3||R 21500||R 4500|
|200 m2||31 m3||R 41500||R 4500|
|300 m2||45 m3||R 60000||R 4500|
Note: The price listed may be discontinued so make sure you confirm from a local dealer first.
Watch the video below:
Ta=hank you for reading this post, hope you enjoyed our content. Make sure you check out for more as we have more in store for you.