Welcome to our blog. In todays topic, we will be talking about nedbank funeral cover claim. Kindly stay with us.
Nedbank has different reactions to loss. Whether you anticipated to lose a loved one or not, there is one universal aspect of grief: it leaves you feeling numb and heartbroken, and paperwork is the last thing on your mind. They understand this and strive to make the claims procedure as simple as possible.
Nedbank Funeral Cover Claim
Below are the steps to claim your nedbank funeral cover claim:
• Within 180 days of the date of death, you must tell us of the claim. If you don’t, your claim could be turned down.
• To notify them you can:
– During business hours, phone their Client Services Contact Centre at 0860 333 111; or
– [email protected] is the address to send an email to.
They’ll ask for policy information as well as facts regarding the incident that led to the claim, and then send you a claim form.
• They’ll also let you know whether they require any additional information (such as medical documents) to evaluate your claim.
Get the documents ready
They will need the following documents to assess a claim:
• A completed funeral claim form.
• A Notification of Death form (BI-1663, DHA-1663, BI1680 – should be completed by a traditional leader) that has been completed and certified.
When you report a death, you will fill out this form (at a police station, the Department of Home Affairs, the funeral undertaker, or, if the death occurred abroad, the South African mission or embassy).
• A certified copy of the funeral invoice.
• A certified copy of:
– the death certificate;
– the identity document of the individual filing the claim; – the identity document of the deceased (a birth certificate is required if the deceased is under the age of 18); and
– the bank statement of the named beneficiary or policy holder.
If they require additional information, the person filing the claim must grant us permission to contact anyone we believe may be able to provide it (including any beneficiaries, a medical practitioner or hospital).
Depending on the nature of the claim, we may also require:
• Evidence of the nature of the deceased’s relationship with the person filing the claim.
• If the death was caused by unnatural causes, a police report is required.
Send them the documents.
- You can submit the documentation in person at any Nedbank branch, by
- mail or courier to Nedbank Park Square, 9 Park Avenue, Umhlanga, 4321, or
- by email to [email protected]
They examine the claim.
• Once we’ve received all of the documentation, we’ll evaluate the claim and let you know if any additional information is required; if the claim is valid, we’ll process it.
Thank you for reading our todays post on nedbank funeral cover claim. We hope our todays article on nedbank funeral cover claim has been helpful.