Welcome to our blog. In todays topic, we will be talking about absa funeral cover prices. Kindly stay with us.
ABSA Bank Funeral Cover
The ABSA Bank Funeral Cover information is listed below.
We’ll take care of the funeral fees for you and your family at this tough time. Allow one of our consultants to recommend the best funeral plan for you.
Funeral cover from Absa
When do I need funeral cover from Absa?
Our funeral cover is for you, if you:
- And your spouse are between the ages of 16 and 65
- Want funeral cover that lasts your whole life
- Want to add up to eight members of your extended family to your cover
What does Absa’s funeral cover include?
- You can choose from R10,000 to R60,000 in coverage.
- You, your spouse, your children, and up to eight extended family members are covered.
- If the key member dies in an accident, the compensation is doubled.
- The ability to choose the right annual premium and coverage increases.
Cover for you and your spouse from R2.10 a day
- Select a cover that is within your budget. Optional grocery, unveiling, and post-funeral services are available. Age-related premiums
Cover for all your children from R10 a month
- For the rest of their lives, cover up to R50 000 per child. There is no limit to how many children you may cover. Age-related premiums
Get double payout at no additional cost
- Should you, your spouse or family members over the age of 18 pass away due to an accident.
What you can expect
- There are no medical exams or questions. When you pay your first premium, your coverage begins.
- Paying your premiums for five years will keep your loved ones’ funeral coverage valid after you die away.
- If you’ve had equivalent funeral cover for at least 6 months elsewhere and are switching to Absa, you’ll get full funeral cover from the start.
- Parents, in-laws, siblings, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandparents, grandchildren, great-grandparents, and employees can all be included in your funeral arrangement.
- Up to R100,000 in coverage is available for you and your spouse. Up to R50 000 in coverage is available for children and extended family members.
- Transportation of mortal remains to the nearest funeral home in South Africa at no additional cost.
- Protect yourself against rising costs with cover that increases by only 3% per year.
- Your waiting period can be set aside if the policy is taken out to replace a similar policy.
How it works
- Absa Life insurance do not specifically exclude COVID-19. A claim arising from the virus will be paid, subject to your policy’s standard terms and conditions.
- Unless you are replacing a similar policy from somewhere where the waiting time has been served, you cannot claim for death due to natural causes in the first 6 months of your Flexi Funeral Plan.
- You cannot claim for death due to suicide in the first 12 months of your Flexi Funeral Plan.
- You are covered from day one for accidental death.
- You and your spouse can be covered as long as you are between the ages of 18 and 70 years.
- You can add children as long they are younger than 70 years.
- You can add extended members as long they are younger than 75 years.
What do I need to be able to claim?
The client must provide the following documentation in order for a funeral claim to be processed:
- Completed claim form
- Completed BI 1663 (Notification of death)
- Certified copy of the death certificate
- Certified copy of claimant’s identity document – if the claimant is not the Main Member/Policy Holder
- Certified copy of deceased’s identity document
- If death happened due to unnatural causes, a completed police record is necessary.
- If the proceeds are paid into a bank other than Absa Bank, proof of banking data (not older than 3 months) is required.
- Where no beneficiary is noted, a Letter of Authority is required
You must have all of the aforementioned evidence and email it to [email protected] to file your claim. Remember that any Absa bank, police station, or commissioner of oaths can certify your paperwork.
Thank you for reading our todays post on absa funeral cover prices. We hope you enjoyed it.